1/1 Photo of Sandy's Awesome Chocolate Cake
Lil' Miss Nikki's Note:
I found this recipe over on AllRecipes about a month ago and have to say it's the best chocolate cake I've ever had! So i had to bring it over here and share it. I haven't tried the frosting, as I had whip cream between the layers and a chocolate ganache frosting on top. Let me know how the frosting turns out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 631.69 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml baking cocoa
- 14.79 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 314.66 ml sour cream
- 314.66 ml boiling water
- 1For Cake:.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and butter.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla.
- 5Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Mix on low just until combined.
- 6Stir in water until blended.
- 7Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- 9Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 10For Frosting:.
- 11In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool several minutes.
- 12In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- 13Add chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- 14Frost cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandy's Awesome Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.4
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 647.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 106.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g