Recipe by Ninna
From my neighbour from thirty years ago. Sandy called this Hungarian Goulash - although it is far from authentic it is nice anyway.
- 750 g round steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300 ml beef stock
- 1 (250 ml) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red capsicum, cut into rings (pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, cut into rings
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in oil, remove and add onions and garlic to pan. Saute’ until transparent, remove.
- Stir in flour, add marjoram, paprika, salt & pepper, tomato soup and stock.
- Return meat and onions, simmer gently 1 1/2 hours.
- Add capsicum during last 1/2 hour.
- Stir sour cream through in marbled effect and serve with rice or wide noodles.