Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the latest Heather Van Vorous recipe that came to my inbox. I'm storing it here to try ASAP.
- 1 lb organic shaved smoked chicken breast
- 8 slices of rosemary sourdough bread, thick slices, toasted
- 8 large fresh spinach leaves, washed, stems removed
- 1 cup dried fig, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- In small heavy saucepan simmer all chutney ingredients over low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates and mixture thickens.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Assemble each sandwich with 1/4 lb. smoked chicken, 2 tablespoons chutney, and 2 spinach leaves.
- The chutney recipe makes about 1 1/4 cups, or ten 2-Tablespoon servings. Chutney will keep in fridge for two months, or it may be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
I tried this recipe about 2 years ago for a picnic lunch, and it was ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!! I've made it several times since then and I just can't get enough of it!!! What a great recipe, thanks for sharing Kree!!!