Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, easy & tasty way to use leftover roast beef or pork. Add a side salad for a complete meal. I often use my own homemade BBQ (55888) & HP (55905) sauces for this dish but use whatever suits your own tastes - hot, sweet or spicy. Prep time doesn't incude overnight marinading.
- cooked beef or pork, leftovers
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sauce (HP or Heinz 57)
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 -6 Italian rolls
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- Combine ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sauce& vinegar.
- Cut meat into 2 inch strips, add to sauce mixture& marinade overnight.
- Warm meat mixture in a heavy pot.
- Cook onion in oil.
- Hollow out buns and fill with meat mixture.
- Top with fried onions& grated mozarella.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
My DH and I found this recipe of leftover beef a great way to use it up. However we found it a tad too sweet for us. I would recommend a BBQ sauce with a nip to it instead. I served a Caesar salad with it, and some carrot sticks. Nice and Easy! Thank you for posting.