Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from here: http://glutenfree.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/gluten-free-sandwich-wrap-take-3-a-new-whole-grain-version/ I've made it twice in 4 days. Easy healthy recipe. Holds up great in the lunchbox. I imagine it would make a great crunchy pizza crust if you let it bake at a higher temperature. Nutrition info: 170 cal, 2.2g fat, 0.4g sat fat, 33.7g carb, 4g fiber, 4.1g sugar, 5.1g protein. Makes 4 wraps.
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup millet flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (plus more as needed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fennel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in the bowl of mixer.
- Mix together water (start with 3/4 cup), agave nectar, olive oil and vinegar.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry and mix on low until blended. The dough should not resist the beaters and bounce around in the bowl but rather be more of a soft cookie dough - maybe even a bit more wet.
- Beat the dough on high for no more than 2 minutes.
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spread the dough as thinly as possible to cover the 10 x 15″ jelly roll pan. (To do this, I used a rubber spatula and kept dipping it in to water to keep the dough from sticking. This dough is not really as sticky as you might think - but the extra water helps push it out easier.).
- Bake at 400F for 13-16 minutes until the top begins to brown and the edges are browned. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight bag.