Andrew Mollmann's Note:
Taken from here: http://glutenfree.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/gluten-free-sandwich-wrap-take-3-a-new-whole-grain-version/ I've made it twice in 4 days. Easy healthy recipe. Holds up great in the lunchbox. I imagine it would make a great crunchy pizza crust if you let it bake at a higher temperature. Nutrition info: 170 cal, 2.2g fat, 0.4g sat fat, 33.7g carb, 4g fiber, 4.1g sugar, 5.1g protein. Makes 4 wraps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup warm water (plus more as needed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon dill (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix together all dry ingredients in the bowl of mixer.
- 3Mix together water (start with 3/4 cup), agave nectar, olive oil and vinegar.
- 4Pour liquid ingredients into dry and mix on low until blended. The dough should not resist the beaters and bounce around in the bowl but rather be more of a soft cookie dough - maybe even a bit more wet.
- 5Beat the dough on high for no more than 2 minutes.
- 6Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spread the dough as thinly as possible to cover the 10 x 15″ jelly roll pan. (To do this, I used a rubber spatula and kept dipping it in to water to keep the dough from sticking. This dough is not really as sticky as you might think - but the extra water helps push it out easier.).
- 7Bake at 400F for 13-16 minutes until the top begins to brown and the edges are browned. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight bag.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandwich Wrap Mock Lavash Bread (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: