Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
for those who do not like seaweed :) Something different for the lunch box. I am always looking for stuff to take to work as lunch is so expensive in the city.
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole meal bread, crusts removed
- 310 g creamed corn
- 4 slices double smoked ham (large thin slices)
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small lebanese cucumber, peeled cut into long strips
- 200 g canned salmon, in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 -3 iceberg lettuce, washed dried, finely shredded
- 1 small avocado, cut into long strips
- Place bread onto a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten bread slightly. Spread corn over 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip free of filling along 1 edge. Top with ham, carrot and cucumber. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Place salmon and mayonnaise into a bowl. Mix gently to combine. Arrange lettuce over remaining 4 slices of bread, leaving a 2cm strip free of filling along 1 edge. Top with salmon mixture and avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap all sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to pack into lunch boxes.
I made these with the ham and corn, but didnt like that combo! been experimenting and have come up with a few great combos, and showed my boss at the cafe where I work. She put them on a catering platter and they were a huge hit!