Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of the Spamherd's favourite sandwich fillings. He eats it when the Spanimals that he herds are having their midday siesta. (The Spanimals - distant relatives of the North American Lesser Spotted Haggis - are of Spanish descent and siestas are a tradition where they come from.)
- 12 ounces Spam or 12 ounces turkey spam, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, minced
- 1 dill pickle, minced
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon hot dog relish or 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash dill weed
- mayonnaise, to mix
- Grind the Spam in food processor or meat grinder.
- Add rest of ingredients except mayonnaise and mix.
- Stir in enough mayonnaise for spreading consistency.
- Store covered and refrigerated.
I have not had Spam in many years.I thought that I would try it again.With this recipe, I am glad that I did.
This brings memories. This is very similar to something a made in the 70's. Wow that was a long time ago. The food processor really makes quick work of this recipe. We have been enjoying as sandwiches and on toast for morning breakfast. A low sodium Spam was used without compromising taste. I have taken to mixing in some plain yogurt with the mayo to help reduce the fat content. Made for Think Pink Event during Breast Cancer Awareness in the Game Room.
Yummy! I left out the green pepper because I don't like raw pepper too much. Will definitely make again.