Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Scrambled eggs and cheese in it's own pouch. Tasty and portable!
Make and share this Sandwich Press Recipe - Cozy Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl combine eggs, water, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk until combined.
- Cook in frying pan until fully cooked.
- Heat sandwich press.
- Add first slice of bread.
- Top with cheese slice.
- Top with scrambled eggs.
- Top with green onion and shredded cheddar.
- Top with last piece of bread.
- Press and let cook for 5 minutes.
- • Suggestion: You can also put some cooked and crumbled bacon inside before cooking!
- Optional: Serve with ketchup.
I will admit that I have not made this exact recipe, but we do make this all the time, down to the scallions, and it''s a fantastic breakfast, or as my kids call it, a snackwich. One thing that we do do differently is that we actually cook the eggs first in the sandwich press, so we get these lovely triangle shaped omelettes that fit perfectly.
I used wholewheat bread instead of white, fresh garlic, and no green onion. Really great combination of flavours. Fantastic sandwich!