Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Are your kids tired of the same ole sandwiches, make them a couple of sandwiches on a stick for their lunches and watch their eyes light up. You can put whatever is your childs favorite veggie and lunchmeat, this is just to give everyone an idea.
- 1 slice bread
- 1 slice ham (1/2 inch)
- 1 slice turkey (1/2 inch)
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 8 pieces cheese (cubes)
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 pickles
- 2 olives
- 2 skewers, to put the sandwich on
- RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Cut up cubes of bread, cheese, and lunch meat use 1/2-inch-thick slices of ham and turkey at the deli counter).
- Slide the cubes onto a skewer with other foods your child likes, such as grape tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, or an olive.
- you can put packets of mayo in the lunch for them to dip.
I used this recipe as a template to make lunches for my two kids. DD8 2 skewers of sandwich, and DS3 got a "sandwich salad" with all the ingredients of a skewer tossed together, without a stick (preschool, you know). Both kids loved theirs, and it was a cute lunch. Thank you for posting!