A festive way to serve party sandwiches. For baby and bridal showers, I add a bit of food coloring to match the theme and garnish the serving platter with fresh flowers. If you are making 2 loaves you can use one white and one wheat loaf and alternate the slices. The loaf can be made ahead of time. Posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the bread crusts and slice the loaf lengthwise into 4 slices.
- 2Butter 2 slices on 1 side for the top and bottom, butter the 2 remaining slices on both sides.
- 3Spread a layer of salad (you can use the same or different salads) on the bottom slice, add another slice then salad, repeat and top with the last slice butter side down.
- 4Press down on the loaf just enough to compact the layers.
- 5Combine cream cheese with enough mayonnaise or cream to make it spreadable, add food coloring.
- 6"Frost"the top and sides of the loaf, garnish and chill.
- 7To serve, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandwich Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 282.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g