Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine. This sandwich is great for parties or for your family. It is so good.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Sandwich Filling different ingredients may be substituted
- lettuce leaf
- 8 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine oats, boiling water and butter, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve yeast from hot roll mix in warm water.
- Add to the oat mixture with eggs and onion.
- Add flour mixture from hot roll mix; stir well (do not knead).
- Spread dough into a 10-in circle on a well-greased pizza pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap coated with nonstick cooking spray; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Beat egg and garlic salt; brush gently over dough.
- Sprinkle with onion and sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, cool on a wire rack.
- Split lengthwise.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish; spread over cut sides of loaf.
- Layer with remaining ingredients.
- Cut into wedges.