Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe is from Mrs. Theophil Popp, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it #38,782.
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Chill for one to two hrs before serving.
- Very good on party crackers or for open sandwiches.
- In recent years 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce has been added to the recipe.
This looks interesting. I wonder how this would work using Egg Beaters & lite cottage cheese. Hmmmm. I belive I will go try this. Thanks!