Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Stuff pita breads or top sandwiches with this mix. Canned tuna, leftover cooked chicken or crumbled blue cheese can be added.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tart apple, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup artichoke, canned, drained and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt (to taste)
- Mix mayo, honey, lime juice and curry powder.
- Add all the other ingredients and gently mix.
- Serve with favorite bread.
4 stars. It was hard to imagine all these ingredients fitting in together, but it intrigued me. The predominant curry flavour is so great with the sweet apple, salty artichoke and tangy onion and tomatoes. I did find the apple a bit too prominent...maybe my apple may have been a little bigger than "small"? This sandwich filler is very messy so best in a pita or on crackers. Thanks for a different, yummy, original use of contest ingredients! Reviewed for RSC #11.
4 stars. I served this open faced on a bagel half which made it a bit messy to eat! Pita pockets would work much better. I found the apple flavor a bit overpowering. Perhaps my apple was too big?! This certainly was a unique combination of ingredients and curry is definitely the correct spice. I used 3 hard boiled eggs and got 5 servings out of it. Made and reviewed for RSC#11.
This was really nice. i added tuna fish and the ingredients all went well together, especially with tuna.