Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These sandwiches are very tasty and they go fast!
- 1 lb turkey or 1 lb deli ham
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 packages pepperidge farm party rolls
- Cut rolls completely by slicing through the middle separating the tops from the bottoms.
- Cream butter, poppy seed, worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chopped onion.
- Spread tops and bottoms of rolls with creamed mixture.
- Distribute the turkey or ham and the swiss cheese evenly over the rolls.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, cut into individual rolls.
One of my mom's colleagues made these sandwiches for a brunch. These sandwiches are so yummy! I have had them with deli ham, and the combination of flavors go great together. Thank you for sharing.
I added turkey & ham. I have used swiss and another time I used cojack. I grilled the onions, as we prefer them sweet. I have tried Gulden's mustard and Grey Pupon. I couldn't find pepperidge farm party rolls, so I used two loaves of French/Italian bread from the bakery at the local store (the ones they bake daily). All these variations work for a delicious sandwich. This was instantly a family favorite.
Made these as appitizers for a bridal shower that is this weekend. They were very easy to make and taste out of this world. I know I will be making this again at football time.