Recipe by Chez Desirée
Warm and satistfying sandwich that's a little special. cranberry is spicy for some kick. i'm sure this would work equally as well with turkey, chicken just happend to be on sale. enjoy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot chili flakes
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon other oil, to your preference
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil, to taste
- 200 g swiss cheese, sliced
- 100 g provolone cheese, sliced
- fresh basil leaves or lettuce, of choice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400 degrees.
- in small sauce pan heat cranberry sauce, chilli flakes and salt.
- bring to slight boil and turn to low.
- let simmer for 15 minutes and turn down.
- in frying pan heat oil and add chicken seasoned with salt, pepper and basil.
- heat on medium for 5-7 minutes, careful not to burn meat.
- turn chicken and heat on other side for 4-6 minutes.
- take some of the spiced cranberry sauce heating in the saucepan and spread it on chicken. heat on high for about 5 minutes both sides and remove from heat and let cool to slice.
- slice keiser rolls in half and spread one side with 1 tbs mayonnaise and the other with about 2 tbs cranberry mixture.
- put a few leaves of basil on side with cranberry sauce.
- slice chicken breasts, against grain, in 1/2 inch slices.
- add 1/4 of chicken to side with basil.
- sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
- top chicken with one slice of provolone and one of swiss.
- put side with cheese together with other side and put in oven for approximatly 8 minutes.
- remove from oven and let sit 1 minute and slice in half.