Prep 25 mins
Cook 11 mins
These are really easy to do with your kids. We have alot of fun making these. Since you use pre-made dough and frosting, you can spend all your time with the kids decorating.
- 20 ounces refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor
- 3 tablespoons flour (optional)
- 16 ounces frosting, tub any flavor
- 1⁄4 cup colored sprinkles or 1⁄4 cup chocolate-covered raisins or 1⁄4 cup miniature candy covered plain chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper.
- Cut dough into 4 equal sections.
- Reserve 1 section, refrigerate other 3 sections.
- Roll reserved dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if needed.
- Cut our cookies using 3/4 inch round cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to cookie sheet, placing about 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 - 11 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely.
- To make sandwich, spread about 1 T. filling to within 1/4 inch of the underside of 1 cookie.
- Top with second cookie, pressing gently.
- Roll side of sandwich in desired decorations.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.