1 hr 45 mins
With this recipe I use my bread machine for mixing and kneading my dough and then I use my oven to bake the dough in a rectangular shape bread pan. If you want fluffier bread use all white flour instead of part wheat and part white.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour, wheat flour, salt and margarine into the bread machine.
- 2Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in a small separate container. Let this rest until is starts to foam.
- 3Combine this into the bread machine with the other ingredients, add milk. Set the bread machine for the highest capacity and let it mix and knead, scrape sides down on the bread machine occasionally if needed. If the dough is to sticky than add more flour. The dough shouldn't stick to the sides of the bread machine when it is almost done but still be sticky to the touch.
- 4Lightly spay a rectangular bread pan with the cooking spray.
- 5Remove the dough from the bread machine with floured hands. Shape into an oblong loaf and place in the bread pan.
- 6Lightly spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and spread this with your fingers.
- 7Place plastic wrap over the loaf and put in a warm place and let rise until double.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 9Cover the bread loaf with aluminum foil and bake about 40 minutes.
- 10Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until done. The dough will separate from the side of the loaf pan and be slightly brown on top.
- 11Remove from the pan and put onto a rack to cool. A knife may be needed to slide along the sides of the pan if the bread sticks slightly.
- 12Cool and slice.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandwich Bread
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g