This is an adopted recipe. I have not made it yet and may update if I think it is necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar and butter.
- 2Beat in 2 eggs.
- 3Gradually blend in the flour.
- 4Chill dough overnight.
- 5Roll as thin as possible on well floured board.
- 6Work with 1/4 of the dough at a time.
- 7Keep remaining dough chilled.
- 8Cut into diamonds with a knife.
- 9Place on greased cookie sheets.
- 10Brush each cookie with beaten egg white.
- 11Sprinkle with sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
- 12Placd a pecan half in center of each cookie.
- 13Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 14Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute, then remove to wire racks.
- 15Store in airtight tins.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandtortchen (Sand Tarts)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g