Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Sandshaker was a legend on Pensacola Beach, and it's signature drink started a festival there on the island. The government closed the bar and auctioned it off, but the drink remains a legend, and the festival lives on...complete with live music from vintage bands. I got this recipe from the bartender at the Sandshaker after they closed. Yum!!
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1 ounce rum (black)
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, white
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, black
- 4 ounces half-and-half
- 4 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces rum, 151
- Pour all ingredients except the 151 Rum into a blender. Add two cups of ice, and blend until mixed.
- Top each glass with 1 oz 151.
As a Pensacola native I can tell you this drink is delicious and legendary! Breezermom, I'm confused why you think the Sandshaker was closed, but you will be happy to know it did not and is still at it's original location, making the bushwhackers we all know and love. www.sandshaker.com
Wow this tastes just like the ones at the sandshaker... Best Bushwacker ever!!!! Thanks this is a keeper
Ilove recipes that have nistory behind them like this one.. I loved teh creamy coconut taste!