Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Sandshaker was a legend on Pensacola Beach, and it's signature drink started a festival there on the island. The government closed the bar and auctioned it off, but the drink remains a legend, and the festival lives on...complete with live music from vintage bands. I got this recipe from the bartender at the Sandshaker after they closed. Yum!!
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1 ounce rum (black)
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, white
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, black
- 4 ounces half-and-half
- 4 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces rum, 151
- Pour all ingredients except the 151 Rum into a blender. Add two cups of ice, and blend until mixed.
- Top each glass with 1 oz 151.
Wow this tastes just like the ones at the sandshaker... Best Bushwacker ever!!!! Thanks this is a keeper
Ilove recipes that have nistory behind them like this one.. I loved teh creamy coconut taste!
This is awesome! I didn't have white creme de cacao or cream of coconut, substituted malibu pina coloda mix, and whole milk for half and half, and used no sugar ice cream. I cannot tell you how good they were.