Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker many years ago. She was a true farmers daughter, and this was one of the family's favorite dishes when the corn came in season. It is an easy dish that will please any corn lover.
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Divide out crackers into two separate servings of 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup.
- In a bowl combine cream corn, corn, egg yolks, 1/2 cup crackers, 2 tbsp butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Fold egg whites into corn mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- In small bowl combine remaining crackers and 1 tbsp butter and mix well. Top baking dish with cracker mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
Great tasting and simple to prepare.Â I used whole wheat ritz crackers and light sheds spread. I added lots of black pepper. I might try addidng onions and/or cheese next time.
Excellent recipe! Have had something similar at a carry in and wanted to try to make it myself.