Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great cheesy dip that you can serve at parties and such. It's easy to make since you melt it all in the microwave. I could eat this stuff all night. I got the recipe from my aunt who got it from her sister-in-law Sandra. So that is why it is called Sandra's Hot Dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can hormel chili, no beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, cubbed
- Place all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave until bubbly, about 4- 6 minutes.
- Serve with taco chips like Frittos.
- This recipe may be made ahead of time and reheated as needed.
This is good. I used chili that I had made from scratch and Cracker Barrel cheese. Yum!
Better make a double batch of this fast-disappearing dip! Six of us gobbled it up! You could not ask for a simpler recipe - I used low-fat cream cheese, and Wolf-brand turkey chili to cut down fat/calories just a bit. Fritos Scoops are perfect for this excellent dip.
This is really a good dip. Everyone I've served it to loves it. I have substituted spicy Velveeta for the Monterey Jack when I didn't have Jack on hand. Still good. Please enjoy!