Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This really is an excellent dip. The reason I think this recipe is better than most spinach dips is because the recipe calls for onion soup mix and cheddar cheese. It really makes for a tasty dip. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 ounces packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf round pumpernickel bread
- In a medium size bowl combine sour cream and onion soup.
- Add well drained spinach, mix well and then add shredded cheddar.
- Hollow out the round loaf and add mixture into the center.
- Rip apart remaining bread for dipping and enjoy.
I like this dip better than the ones with vegetable soup mix. The cheddar cheese was a nice addition. Served it with crackers and everyone liked it. Thanks!
This is DD's favorite dip. I made this for her birthday party this weekend and they all couldnt get enough of it. Thank you for posting.
This was a nice spinach dip. I did increased the amount of spinach to almost double, as once I mixed the original ingredients it didn't seem spinachy enough for our taste. I also served this in the hollowed out loaf,as suggested but put it in the oven for about 20 mins to heat through. The cheese was all melted and delicious!