Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Those pears you canned last summer will be perfect in this delicious confection. You could probably substitute peaches for the pears for a nice change.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 10 -14 slices pears
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pear juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and combine with sugar and corn syrup in the bottom of 2 round cake pans.
- Arrange fresh or canned pears pieces on top. (Peel and core, if fresh).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter with eggs and wet ingredients in a large measuring cup or small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix dry ingredients, then add butter mixture to it, combining well.
- Pour into pans over the pear mixture.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Loosen and invert over a serving plate; dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.