Saw this on Money Saving Meals awhile back! DH and I thought it sounded great! Posting here for safekeeping! You will also need wooden skewers for this recipe make sure you soak them in water before using!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 lbs bottom round steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped in large chucks slightly large than beef cubes
- In a large bowl whisk together canola oil, garlic, yogurt, cumin, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Reserve half the marinade, in a covered bowl, and refrigerate. Add beef cubes to remaining marinade, cover and refrigerate for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Be sure to oil the grill surface before grilling the kebabs.
- Thread beef cubes and onion pieces onto skewers, alternating 3 pieces of beef and onion per skewer. Set aside extra beef cubes for Round 2 recipe. Place skewers on the grill pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
This was wonderful, although I did sub sirloin steak. I marinated the whole steak for about 3 hours. I was worried it would be too spicy for us, but it was just very flavorful!! I love grilled onions with my meat, so probably added a bit more of them. I grilled the steak whole and put the onions on a skewer, was too lazy, lol!!! Then when it was medium-well I cut it up into kabob size pieces and served with the onions. If I had used the round steaks, definitely would have marinaded them for 24 hours. Thanks for sharing a great new kabob recipe. Made for Newest Tag Game.