10 hrs 10 mins
This is wicked easy and very delicious. Great for winter evening dinners. We like it was a green salad and crusty bread to dip in the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dried black beans
- 0 beef onion soup mix (like Lipton's)
- 1182.95 ml water
- 226.79 g smoked sausage, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml canned crushed tomatoes
- 9.85 ml hot sauce
- chopped green onion
- 1Rinse and sort black beans.
- 2In a large bowl, place beans and cover with water 2 inches above beans.
- 3Let soak for 8 hours and then drain.
- 4In a slow cooker, stir in all ingredients except tomatoes, hot sauce and green onions.
- 5Let cook for 10 hours on low heat or until beans are tender.
- 6Using a stick blender, partially puree mixture.
- 7Add tomatoes, hot sauce and stir .
- 8Pour in bowl and sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandra Lee-Slow Cooker Black Bean and Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 687.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: