Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is wicked easy and very delicious. Great for winter evening dinners. We like it was a green salad and crusty bread to dip in the soup.
- 453.59 g dried black beans
- 0 beef onion soup mix (like Lipton's)
- 1182.95 ml water
- 226.79 g smoked sausage, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml canned crushed tomatoes
- 9.85 ml hot sauce
- chopped green onion
- Rinse and sort black beans.
- In a large bowl, place beans and cover with water 2 inches above beans.
- Let soak for 8 hours and then drain.
- In a slow cooker, stir in all ingredients except tomatoes, hot sauce and green onions.
- Let cook for 10 hours on low heat or until beans are tender.
- Using a stick blender, partially puree mixture.
- Add tomatoes, hot sauce and stir .
- Pour in bowl and sprinkle with green onions.
This was an absolutely fabulous dish! Great for lunch and dinner. In addition to garnishing with green onions, I also garnished each bowl with about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.