Recipe by mandabears
This is wicked easy and very delicious. Great for winter evening dinners. We like it was a green salad and crusty bread to dip in the soup.
Top Review by ryansdeals
This was an absolutely fabulous dish! Great for lunch and dinner. In addition to garnishing with green onions, I also garnished each bowl with about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
- 16 ounces dried black beans
- beef onion soup mix (like Lipton's)
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and sort black beans.
- In a large bowl, place beans and cover with water 2 inches above beans.
- Let soak for 8 hours and then drain.
- In a slow cooker, stir in all ingredients except tomatoes, hot sauce and green onions.
- Let cook for 10 hours on low heat or until beans are tender.
- Using a stick blender, partially puree mixture.
- Add tomatoes, hot sauce and stir .
- Pour in bowl and sprinkle with green onions.