Recipe by GoodMorningBurger
I love the decadence of scones, love coffee, and love chocolate chips! I'm not a huge fan of Sandra Lee on the Food Network, but these scones looked pretty darn good for Semi-Homemade ones made with Bisquick! :) They tasted even better!!! (However, I do think the 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips made this a little too sweet...so I replaced the white with an additional 3/4 cup semi-sweet ones. I also felt that the dough needed an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract. I found the coffee flavor to be far too weak using double strength coffee, so I substituted 4 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder dissolved in 1/4 cup hot tap water. ) Enjoy with coffee or hot chocolate for a sinful breakfast!
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee, double strength
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten separately
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- sanding sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee, cream, 1 egg, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a crumbly dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, form dough into a 9-inch disk (approximately 1/2 inch thick).
- Cut into 12 wedges and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cream and remaining beaten egg.
- Brush tops of scones with egg mixture and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.