Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a Semi-Homemade, easy, delicious recipe. I don't use the Peppermint extract, DH doesn't like mint, but have used both Lemon and Vanilla extracts with good results. I'll post it with the peppermint.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave on 50% power in 2 or 3 (30 second) intervals.
- Whisk after each interval.
- Add extract to chocolate after it is melted and smooth.
- Place vanilla wafers on aluminum foil and pour melted chocolate over each, covering completely.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or until set.
Very easy -- but must heat the chocolate slowly or it gets too thick and won't stick. Almost as good as the real Girl Scout Thin Mints.