Recipe by Cristin
Saw this on Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on Food Network. Made it for my husband when he came back from working out of town for a month and it was fabulous. I have never had Tiramisu but my Mom had eaten it before and she says it tastes just as good as the real stuff! A really quick and elegant dessert.
- 6 tablespoons Kahlua
- 18 ladyfingers
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 (4 ounce) containersrefrigerated prepared vanilla pudding
- 6 teaspoons Cool Whip, thawed
- cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 6 glass custard cups with plastic wrap.
- Put 12 teaspoons Kahlua into a cup and quickly soak 3 lady fingers, turning to coat both sides, and place them in the bottom of one of the cups.
- Repeat for remaining cups.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk mascarpone, sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons Kahlua until just smooth.
- Whisk in pudding.
- Divide pudding mixture equally among prepared cups.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the top of the pudding mixture and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover cups.
- Turn cups onto plates and remove plastic wrap.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with cocoa powder just before serving.
- Can make upto 1 day ahead.