Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Instead of using leftover dried bread in this bread salad, Lee uses croutons. How easy! How flavorful!
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinse
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups garlic and herbed croutons
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss thoroughly but gently.
- Spread croutons in a single layer in a large serving bowl. Spoon vegetables evenly over the croutons and pour any remaining liquid in the bowl over all.
Made this salad to serve with grilled chicken and it was a big hit! My DH is picky when it comes to vegetables and he loved this salad. I was a bit worried about the dressing being to oily but it was perfect when mixed with the vegetables and put on the croutons. The croutons were a store brand and very crunchy so they worked great for this salad. Enjoyed this salad now and cant wait until summer for the garden fresh veges. Thank you so much Lorraine for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for the Secret Ingredient Tag Game.