Recipe by bugloon
I got the idea for this recipe from Betty Crocker, but theirs called for some ingredients that I am allergic to, so I had to improvise. Hope you like it as much as my son did. Some of the ingredients sound strange, but they work.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb jimmy dean maple sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (any color, I used orange)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Saute onions, bell peppers and garlic in a 10 in ovenproof skillet (or you can use a 1 1/2 qt cassarole dish) over medium heat.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown beef and sausage and drain.
- Mix meat mixture, onion mixture, corn, jelly, brown sugar, fajita seasoning and tomato sauce and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Reserve 2 tbls cheese.
- Stir Bisquick, eggs and remaining cheese in medium bowl until blended.
- Spoon batter around edge of beef mixture, leaving center uncovered.
- Sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.