Recipe by Michelle S.
This is from my dogs groomer. It is so light and refreshing with just a subtle lime flavor. It goes great after a big holiday meal. Cook time below is refrigerator time.
Top Review by Leta
Delicious cream cheesecake! Light flavor and pleasing texture. We are only two here now, so I cut the recipe in half and made an 8X8 pan. I am not a very patient person, so I dissolved the jello in 3/4 cup of boiling water and then added ice cubes to the one cup mark, stirring until they were mostly melted and then removing the remaining ice. Then about 5 minutes in the frig and it was ready to use in the cheesecake. I was thinking this would be good with lemon flavored gelatin, and my husband suggested cherry flavored gelatin for a cherry cheesecake.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the jello and boiling water, stirring until dissolved.
- Let stand until slightly thickened.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs for use later.
- Now combine remaining crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter.
- Press evenly into a 13x9-inch pan.
- Cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla till fluffy.
- Blend in thickened jello mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust in pan.
- Sprinkle with the reserved 2 Tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.