1/2 Photos of Sandi's Foolproof Guacamole
Homer and Sandi's Note:
This is a simple recipe for Guacamole that is sure to get you raves as the best your friends and family have ever had. It utilizes my recipe for Traditional Pico de Gallo, and was created by my wife, Sandi. It is very tasty, and is easily prepared in minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, chopped medium
- 1 medium white onion, chopped medium fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded then chopped fine
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped fine
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, top 1/3rd chopped coarsely
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, coarsely ground
- 5 large ripe avocados
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and peppers.
- 2Stir well and add cilantro.
- 3(Secret technique which produces a better taste) Add kosher salt in a mound in center of tomato mix and dissolve with juice squeezed directly from limes.
- 4Mix well and place tomato mix in refrigerator.
- 5In a large bowl, smooth out ripe avocados, then add sour cream and mix well.
- 6Add tomato mix to avocados until desired chunkiness.
- 7Mix well and taste.
- 8You may add more lime juice and/or salt if desired.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sandi's Foolproof Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (2462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.6
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 1785.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g