Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe for Guacamole that is sure to get you raves as the best your friends and family have ever had. It utilizes my recipe for Traditional Pico de Gallo, and was created by my wife, Sandi. It is very tasty, and is easily prepared in minutes.
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, chopped medium
- 1 medium white onion, chopped medium fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded then chopped fine
- 2 serrano peppers, chopped fine
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, top 1/3rd chopped coarsely
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, coarsely ground
- 5 large ripe avocados
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion and peppers.
- Stir well and add cilantro.
- (Secret technique which produces a better taste) Add kosher salt in a mound in center of tomato mix and dissolve with juice squeezed directly from limes.
- Mix well and place tomato mix in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, smooth out ripe avocados, then add sour cream and mix well.
- Add tomato mix to avocados until desired chunkiness.
- Mix well and taste.
- You may add more lime juice and/or salt if desired.
This was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing Bud. It was very quick & easy to make; especially since I'd made your salsa the day before. The end result was a flavourful thick & chuncky dip.