Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recommend doubling the recipe - the first 24 never last long!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 (375 g) bag chocolate chips
- Combine butter and sugars, cream, then add the egg and mix well.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, and add that to the mixture along with the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, and lastly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place by tablespoonfulls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325-350 on for 10-15 minutes.