Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are melt in your mouth cookies that are easy to make and are great for Holiday treats. They have become a tradition for me to make every Christmas and my daughters are now doing the same.
- 1 cup oleo or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (XXX)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Cream oleo and sugar together.
- Add vanilla and water.
- Add flour to mixture, a little at a time.
- Mix in pecans.
- Roll into small balls (coat hands with flour if necessary).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 350°F, turning to brown other side after 10 minutes.
- Sift 1/2 box XXX sugar in bowl.
- Coat Sandies as soon as they are removed from the oven.
- Line can with wax paper and sprinkle with XXX sugar.
- Separate layers with wax paper.
Yummy! Very buttery & delicate. "Turn after 10 min" means to rotate cookie sheet , I think.
My mom used to make these every year. We always called them sandies, but it looks like some people calling them wedding cookies. I could care less what you call them - they are absolutely delicious. These turned out exactly like I remember them. Yum!
These are really good cookies. Pure melt in the mouth delight! Thanks for the recipe.