Recipe by Barb G.
Yummy Pecan Sandies. We make these at holidays. These are also called Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cakes.
Top Review by Cook4theFamily
We love this recipe, make it every Christmas!! I double the amount of pecans, just because we love them. We add a little salt, too--1/8 tsp. We also double dip them in the sugar, like you recomended--first after cooling on wire briefly but still warm, and the second when completely cool. I find them a little fragile to do in a bag on the first sugar, so I sugar them in a bowl. But it sure works well for the second! If you want to make them 3/4 inch balls, cook at 350o for 15-18 minutes.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sfited powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat butter& sugar until smooth with mixer.
- Add vanilla and water.
- Add flour, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Gently shake cookies in a bag with powdered sugar.
- I like to double shake the cookies in the powdered sugar.