Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy Pecan Sandies. We make these at holidays. These are also called Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cakes.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sfited powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat butter& sugar until smooth with mixer.
- Add vanilla and water.
- Add flour, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Gently shake cookies in a bag with powdered sugar.
- I like to double shake the cookies in the powdered sugar.
We love this recipe, make it every Christmas!! I double the amount of pecans, just because we love them. We add a little salt, too--1/8 tsp. We also double dip them in the sugar, like you recomended--first after cooling on wire briefly but still warm, and the second when completely cool. I find them a little fragile to do in a bag on the first sugar, so I sugar them in a bowl. But it sure works well for the second! If you want to make them 3/4 inch balls, cook at 350o for 15-18 minutes.
I have this recipe as well and they're sooooo good melt-in-your-mouth cookies!
Wonderful cookies Barb! I doubled dusted them with the powdered sugar per your suggestion. They're delicate, buttery and GOOD! They're also all gone!