Recipe by Mille®
This is a recipe specially meant for leftover, underdone beef. It produces something like miniature shepherd's pies, and is very quickly made.
- 12 ounces left-over rare roast beef
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 ounce plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 6 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 dash port wine or 1 dash sherry wine
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash white wine vinegar
- leftover gravy
- 1 teaspoon liquid gravy browner (e.g. Kitchen Bouquet or similar)
- 1 lb creamy mashed potatoes
- table cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the beef and onions together, sprinkle with flour and put them in a saucepan with the seasoning, parsley, butter, port or sherry, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar and the gravy, together with the gravy browning.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the mixture into scallop shells or saucers (or any oven-proof individual serving dishes) and cover with mashed potatoes, into which you have stirred a little cream.
- Dot with butter and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until nicely browned.