Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe from my ExMIL many years ago. This is a Christmas "must" around my house. The best part is that they do not require any special ingredients. Most everyone has the ingredients for these in the pantry and fridge.
- Reheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Work 5 Tablespoons flour, vanilla and nuts into creamed mixture.
- Take teaspoon size of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed lightly with oil.
- Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes.
- Roll tarts in powdered sugar as soon as they are removed from oven.
- When cooled roll tarts in sugar again and store in air tight containers.
I have not tried this recipe. My copy is slightly different. It calls for all purpose flour, 3 tbl sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup walnuts or pecans. The rest is the same. Bake time time is different it says bake 10-12 minutes. The recipes also says it yields: 2 dozen cookies. There is a tip from the test kitchen: These sandy-textured cookies freeze well. For a festive touch, tint the dough with a bit of food coloring. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)