Recipe by ElaineAnn
Another one from Mom's recipe box. A rich buttery gem of a cookie!
Top Review by Lainey6605
A buttery rich chocolate chip cookie! Very good, ElaineAnn. I used finely ground pecans to disguise the nuts from my one son. I had to use mini-M&M chocolate candies in place of the chocolate chips because my store did not have the mini-chocolate chips. After the first batch, I did reduce the baking time down to 12 minutes because they got a little too crisp around the edges. I actually got three dozen good-sized cookies out of this. I also think these cookies would be delicious even without the chocolate chips - kind of like a pecan sandie. Thanks for sharing, ElaineAnn.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml pecans, finely chopped
- 170.09 g package mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Blend well.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then egg.
- Stir in flour, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheet, then remove to rack to finish cooling.