Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one from Mom's recipe box. A rich buttery gem of a cookie!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Blend well.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then egg.
- Stir in flour, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheet, then remove to rack to finish cooling.
A buttery rich chocolate chip cookie! Very good, ElaineAnn. I used finely ground pecans to disguise the nuts from my one son. I had to use mini-M&M chocolate candies in place of the chocolate chips because my store did not have the mini-chocolate chips. After the first batch, I did reduce the baking time down to 12 minutes because they got a little too crisp around the edges. I actually got three dozen good-sized cookies out of this. I also think these cookies would be delicious even without the chocolate chips - kind of like a pecan sandie. Thanks for sharing, ElaineAnn.