Recipe by jenjie
The first time I made this was for my son's Pirate theme birthday party. I made it in a casserole dish and put plastic pirate toys on top. It's become a family favorite, especially since my son doesn't like chocolate. My husband took this to work for a potluck. It disappeared quickly and he was asked to bring it again.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesvanilla sandwich cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces vanilla pudding mix (3 small packages)
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble cookies in food processor. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
- Mix in pudding.
- Slowly add milk.
- Mix until combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Using a clean sand bucket or casserole dish, alternate layers of cookie crumbs with the pudding mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- IMHO it tastes better if you make it a day ahead.