Recipe by Mirj
This recipe makes twelve gift jars of Brownie Mix, enough for lots of friends.
Top Review by CarolAT
I was given a jar of this wonderful Sand Art Brownie Mix from my best friend PaulaG. I made the brownies with my grand daughter who loves to help in the kitchen. We had so much fun and everybody enjoyed the brownies. These make wonderful gifts. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 12 ounces cocoa
- 42 ounces chocolate chips
- 42 ounces vanilla chips or 42 ounces white chocolate chips
- 32 ounces chopped walnuts or 32 ounces chopped pecans
- 50 ounces brown sugar
- 5 lbs flour
- 5 lbs granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer in each Layered ingreidnet in each of 12 quart jars in the order given, leveling the ingredients as you layer: Make sure the jar is full to the top.
- Cover the lid with a 7 1/2-inch circle of fabric tied with ribbon or raffia.
- Finish with a tag that includes liquid ingredients and baking instructions as follows: To Prepare Brownies---------.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the contents of the quart jar with 3 well-beaten eggs, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour Batter into a well-greased 9x13-inch cake pan and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.