Recipe by Victoria #2
With great joy I have received many favorable comments from readers of other websites on the latest Colombian food recipes that I have submitted. The food of my country is as varied as its landscape and its people so I can share with you many typical delicious recipes. This time I want to share with you a recipe from a region of my country called Valle del Cauca, which combines several ingredients in an extraordinary way, is called Sancocho Valluno and is very easy to prepare. For 8 servings you need:
- 4 cups water
- 2 big head onions
- 2 chopped green tomatoes
- 4 long onions
- 11 lbs beef ribs
- 1 cutting chicken
- 4 green bananas
- 1 lb yucca root, peeled and chopped in squares
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- salt, pepper to taste and color
Directions See How It's Made
- The time of cooking in this recipe you are doing in a pressure cooker. If you are using a traditional pot, increase in average 15 minutes.
- Liquefy onions and tomatoes with a cup of water. Add to the pot above the water, onion and meats. Cook for 15 minutes from time when the steam comes out, uncover and remove the chicken. Add the peeled bananas (It is very important that you cut the bananas with your hand not with a knife), add the yucca, color and salt, cover and let cook for 10 minutes from the time it leaves the steam. Uncover and add the chicken to be hot again. Serve as a decoration of chopped coriander and accompanied by rice, avocado and chili
- I hope you enjoy this recipe as you enjoyed the previous.