This dip is the prfect combination between rich and savory.
Make and share this San Remo Seafood Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces shrimp, drained, reserving liquid
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained, reserving liquid
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed, and room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared marinara sauce (they use Barilla, drained to remove excess liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely shredded, for topping
- In a 2 quart sauce pan on med-low temp, heat olive oil and blend in flour.
- Add to flour, liquids from seafoods, and stir well.
- To sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic horseradish, and stir.
- until smooth.
- Add Asiago and Parmesan cheeses, and stir until smooth.
- When cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, add shrimp and crab. Let simmer until heated through.
- Add half and half a little at a time, until seafood sauce starts to simmer, and begins to resemble warm pudding.
- Let sauce simmer for 12 minutes, stirring frequently, so it will not scorch.
- In a shallow baking dish, 9" in diameter, spray and place drained Marinara sauce, and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven at 325, for 10 minutes.
- Dip should not be too browned on top. Keep an eye on it.