Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't if this bears any resemblance to other bean dips, living or dead, but I just threw a bunch of stuff I like in my food processor and I've adjusted it over time. I use fresh pinto beans cooked in our pressure cooker, but canned beans should work as well. Also good with black beans or white beans.
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- Place pinto beans in food processor. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Add green onions, minced garlic, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and chili powder. You may want to adjust spice levels based on your taste. Process until mostly smooth (there should still be some small pieces of bean. Transfer to bowl and garnish with green onions and chili powder.