Recipe by Manda
This is a unique and tasty way to serve pork chops. The sauce is sooo tasty. This dish goes well with rice and a cooked veggie. Yummy!
Top Review by Kim D.
Manda... these pork chops were AWESOME! I normally bread my pork chops and bake them, which my family seems to like, but I was in the mood to try something different... boy was I glad I did! My husband normally doesn't say much when I try out a new recipe, but he really loved these! I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I didn't thicken the sauce with the cornstarch. I accidently over looked that step. I will definitely be making these again! Thanks for posting! -Kim :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in skillet, and brown chops on both sides.
- Meanwhile, combine the 2 teaspoon oil, broth or sherry, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Add garlic to pork chops, and pour sauce mixture over everything.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, adding 1-2 Tablespoon of water if needed to keep sauce from cooking down too much.
- Turn chops once.
- Remove chops to platter.
- In pan, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tablespoon of water.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour over chops and serve.