Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful spicy red italian sauce that's loaded with shellfish served over pasta. Use any combination of shellfish that suits your fancy. I serve this with good crusty garlic bread and a salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp or 2 lbs scallops or 2 lbs clams or 2 lbs mussels or 2 lbs crab
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan saute garlic and onion in oil until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients except seafood and pasta.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add seafood and simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.