Recipe by hellokitty
Tadich Grill is a restaurant in SF that serves this entree. This is from the cookbook Savoring San Francisco.
- 4 large fresh oysters or 6 medium fresh oysters
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs, fine
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with salt and pepper
- rosemary sprig (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the oyster with salt and pepper. Dredge in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In a six-inch omelet pan or cast-iron skillet, fry the bacon until lightly crisped. Drain on paper toweling.
- Pour off the fat in the pan and add butter. Fry the oysters until lightly browned. Reduce heat and add eggs.
- Let the eggs set and then lift up edges of the omelet, so that egg liquid can run underneath and cook.
- When it is totally set, lay the bacon over the top.
- Ease out onto a plate; flip back into pan bacon-side down. Finish cooking.
- Garnish with herb sprigs and serve with Tabasco.