Recipe by French Canadian Chef
They're amazing, baked & delicious! TIP: I made them last night using a 4lbs bag of frozen wings, it worked great. We did one and a half recipe for the sauce, baked for about an hour, remove the extra liquid from the baking dish and boiled it to use as a dipping sauce while the wings were getting a little crispier on the outside. It was a hit!
Top Review by eevers.0.genie_9133123
I first found this recipe years ago in a cookbook. Through many moves, I've lost the book, but I remember this recipe. So glad to find it again. SUCH a delicious recipe. I usually double the sauce and pour it over rice. I used to cook this all the time for my friends in high school. Can't wait to make it for my husband.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 in strip orange peel
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- chili-garlic sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, sherry, orange juice & peel and star anise in a sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir until blended. Add to the boiling soy sauce mixture, stirring well. Boil for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove soy sauce mixture from the heat and stir in the chopped ginger and chili-garlic sauce.
- Arrange the chicken wings in one layer in a large baking dish. Pour over the soy sauce mixture and stir to coat the wings evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until tender and browned, basting occasionally. Serve the chicken wings hot or warm.